Wednesday, 8 January 2014
Here's either a money saving tip that will also make you thinner or a diet that will help save you money!
Instead of buying that new DVD, diet book, app etc do your annual diet the Dr. No News way. Arithmetic goes like this, most of us eat approx. 2000 calories a day, the following diets will cut 1000 calories without the complications of eating the foods that make you want to gag, food prep that takes forever or turns you into a crank.
If you are a person that cannot do without your usual, and you feel that the proportions of food groups are correct anyhow, follow diet A. If you are a person who needs a ritualistic 'new broom' to make you feel like you are off to a great start, try diet B.
Diet A. Buy your usual things and cut everything in half
Diet B Eat breakfast as usual, eat lunch as usual. STOP except to drink water
Saturday, 4 January 2014
Have you the dreaded fever brought on by the retail industry's need to de-clutter their space at your expense so they can fill it wholesale with more impulse and speculative buys for the Summer we never have?
Take this test to find out if you are suffering from this contagious seasonal illness:
1. Have you been thinking about that gorgeous jumper for the last 4 months, that you would have bought in a heart-beat had you had the full retail asking price?
2. Have you checked whether it's still available in your size, 12 times a day for the last month, just in case they're all sold out?
3. Did you put away every spare penny/cent instead of going out or buying anything over basic food stuffs turning the heat on in the morning?
4. Do you mind that hundreds of people have tried on that jumper leaving make-up marks, pulled threads, deodorant stains on it or that someone bought it wore it for night out and returned it because of the stores 'great' return policy (or their mother owns the boutique)?
1. You are obsessed so you probably already own it, in which case you have had the pleasure and comfort of wearing your jumper for months
2. You are obsessed so you probably already own it, in which case you have had the pleasure and comfort of wearing your jumper for months
3 You are obsessed so you probably already own it, in which case you have had the pleasure and comfort of wearing your jumper for months
4. You are obsessed so you probably already own it, in which case you have had the pleasure and comfort of wearing your jumper for months
Your behaviour may look mad to most but you are fever free and you always look fabulous
1. Then you never really wanted/needed it
2. You won't diet into it or prefer the baggy look, your average size will be gone to all the VIP customers who have first dibs on sale stock
3. If you do buy it now it will be in a consignment/charity shop by March, value is what we put on something we'd go to the ends of the Earth for
4. Try shopping in consignment/charity shops in March, people are always buying too much in the sales
Step away from the word 'sale' it will only re-infect you